"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."

~Coco Chanel



Monday, July 18, 2011

Silent killer.

Okay, as much as I raved yesterday about the mainstream fashion mag's tendencies, I have to give Vogue a little bit of credit. I mean, if I didn't read Vogue I would never have found Dasha Shishkin, this adorable Russian-born artist whose bold paintings have blown me away.







How excellent are they? I don't know why, but they make me think that this would be the result if Marc Jacobs, Tavi, and Lady Gaga had a threesome and drew their orgasm on paper. It's that excellent. The colors alone are so vibrant, I don't even want to get into the subjects of the paintings. I just love Dasha now, and I'm definitely going to follow her progress.

This just reminds me of some other photos in my computer's many picture folders that I was drawn to because of the color.





Pictures from Everything Style, Kelly Framel of The Glamourai, and Astronomy Picture of the Day, respectively.

Alrighty. Well, I'm off the mall for a much needed shopping trip. Til we meet again.
<3 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment