"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."

~Coco Chanel



Monday, July 18, 2011

Christian Dior

Christian Dior was by far my favorite collection this season. Let's start by taking a look see at the entire show. Sorry about it being in two pieces, but all of the single videos were very low quality.





Wow. Just wow. I mean, what I show. Now, is it just me, or is this show absolutely perfect? Capes. Velvet. Wide brimmed hats. Fur. Riding jackets. Lace. Leather. Brooches. Pendents. Put it all together, and you get a dreamy romance story with a sultry heroin. Karlie Kloss should have rode in on a black horse, and I would have been absolutely convinced.







Okay, looking at these pictures, can't you see some bad ass princess escaping her castle prison and becoming an outlaw for love? Maybe I'm delving into this a little too much. But I love it still. It's so quixotic and romantic, in that Gothic way that makes excellent action movies. And then, as I was watching, these three images from my database popped into my head.





Don't ask me how CD made me think of that second one. My mind works mysteriously.

Claddagh costume, unknown source, and sad woman with vase.

All for now, guys. I am officially back. :D
<3 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment